Position: Criminal Investigator
Employer: Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Galveston, TX
The Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a Criminal Investigator.
Major duties include:
- Conducts all facets of criminal investigations and testifies in court.
- Transports witnesses and escorts prisoners
- Interviews and interrogates prisoners at the jail.
- Photographs crime scenes and prepares crime scene sketches.
- Purges disposed case files.
- Conducts interviews of suspects and witnesses and conducts background checks on suspects and witnesses.
- Locates and meets with witnesses and victims for prosecutors; Makes travel accommodations for victims and witnesses.
- Assists prosecutors with case trial preparation.
- Responds to major crime scenes to assist in crime scene investigation.
- Provides security for prosecutors as needed.
- Assists in preparing warrants; serves subpoenas, warrants, and protective orders.
- Provides instruction and training classes as requested for prosecutors and other agencies
- Develops, prepares, and organizes case files, reports, and other related documentation for prosecutors.
- Makes arrests as needed.
- Able to report regularly for work and be on time and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Able to respond to 24 hour call out as needed.
- Advanced certificate issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (TCOLE)
- 10+ years prior commissioned law enforcement experience with an emphasis on criminal investigation experience
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
Starting salary range is between $50,506 and $55,750.
Submit resumes and references via email, mail, or fax to: