POSITION: District Attorney Investigator, 50th Judicial District
SALARY: Starts at $42,000.00 Annually
► GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The 50th District Attorney serves Baylor, Knox, Cottle, and King Counties. The primary office is located in Seymour, Texas. The 50th Judicial District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting applications for the position of DA Investigator. The position is available immediately and will be open until filled.
► ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Reviews completed investigations, reports and case-files of law enforcement agencies.
- Determines if all investigative avenues have been explored to prepare the case for trial/disposition.
- Assists preparation of cases for trial/disposition.
- Locates and interviews witnesses.
- Documents the disclosure of evidence to defense.
- Acts as liaison with law enforcement officers/agencies to ensure reports and evidence are properly prepared.
- Carries a firearm with legal authority to use in proper circumstances. Responsible for knowing when those circumstances are present.
- Assists law enforcement agencies with surveillance, raids, searches of premises, line-ups , and crime scenes
- Serves subpoenas for hearings and trials as requested by the attorneys.
- Testifies in criminal trials.
► MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Must be a certified Texas Peace Officer and be current on TCOLE training hours.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and clear driver’s license status.
- Must possess above average writing skills.
- Must be able to work overtime or extended hours when necessary.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff members, victims of crimes and citizens.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation
► APPLY TO:
To be considered for employment, please submit your resume and a list of references to [email protected]. Please be aware of the starting salary before submitting your application. This figure is not negotiable.