This position is responsible for:
- Reviewing daily reports regarding allegations of family/dating/household violence;
- Serving as the initial Office contact for all victims of family/dating/household violence;
- Conducting outreach at the local shelters;
- Meeting with community partners on issues relating to violence against women and children;
- Reviewing applications for a services for a protective order;
- Litigating applications for protective order;
- Staffing case developments with child abuse and domestic violence prosecutors.
An applicant must be dedicated to public service. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Cameron County is the 13th biggest county in Texas. The CCDA employs over 40 prosecutors, and in total has a staff of over 100 employees. The CCDA is responsible for the prosecution of state crimes in the eight (8) district courts, five (5) county courts at law, and ten (10) justice courts of Cameron County.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and completed Cameron County Employment Application to Ms. Terae Cifuentes, Office Manager, Cameron County District Attorney’s Office via email to [email protected] or U.S. Mail to 964 E. Harrison St., Brownsville Texas 78520, ATTN Ms. Cifuentes. Please contact Ms. Cifuentes with any questions you may have at 956-544-0849.
The Cameron County Employment Application may be accessed via this link: http://www.co.cameron.tx.us/HR/HR-Forms/2016-07_01_Employment_Application_Email_Updated.pdf