NEW JOB POSTING
The Burleson County Attorney’s Office in Caldwell, Texas has a new full-time job opening for:
ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY – FELONY DIVISION
The job duties include: Performing legal work necessary to effectively represent Burleson County in Felony matters, including:
- Case intake – review and determine legal sufficiency of cases; review files for completeness and research current case law;
- Work with law enforcement when additional documentation may be needed;
- Attend dockets, court hearings, and plea bargain negotiations; note: all dockets are in person
- Investigation and preparation for trial, including interviewing witnesses, working with victims, and processing subpoenas;
- Respond promptly to Court personnel, attorneys, law enforcement and victims as to status of cases.
- Assist in CPS cases
- On call for intake 1-2 weeks a month
The hours are full-time 8-5 Monday – Friday. This is a salary position and other hours and days may be necessary. There are usually 2-4 trials per quarter. The position will begin when filled.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school; and currently licensed by the State Bar of Texas to practice law and in good standing;
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; and drug screen
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative on projects with little supervision;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail along with strong calendaring skills;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment; must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with staff, law enforcement, probation officers, victims, witnesses and other attorneys.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to ethical prosecution.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
Salary $80,000 to $90,000 and is dependent on experience. Full benefits are provided by the county, including employee health coverage, CLE training and Annual Bar dues paid.
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Apply in person at: the Burleson County Treasurer’s office or print an application from the county website at: co.burleson.tx.us and file it with the County Treasurer’s Office. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Posting date: 03/01/2024