Location: Anahuac, Texas
Position: Assistant County Attorney
Department: County Attorney’s Office
Salary: $67,000 Annually, plus Benefits
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
This position is responsible for assisting the County Attorney in a broad range of duties, including misdemeanor prosecution and various administrative and contractual services in support of County government.
Chambers County is a fast-growing rural community, conveniently located between Houston and Beaumont.
The position will include all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution, including initial intake of cases, plea negotiations, witness preparation, interaction with law enforcement and victims, trial preparation, pretrial motions, probation revocations, and related legal research. In addition, the applicant will be required to assist the County Attorney with the draft, review, revision and interpretation of legal documents such as contracts, interlocal agreements and Commissioners Court related material, as well as Public Information Requests and the general civil actions of County Government.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of law.
- Must have a license to practice law in the State of Texas and be in good standing with the State and local bar associations.
- Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner, and develop/maintain good working relationships with visitors, co-workers, judges and County officials.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug test paid for by Chambers County.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation conducted by Chambers County.
How to apply
Applications can be downloaded from: www.co.chambers.tx.us/upload/page/0087/docs/EmploymentApplication.pdf
Applications and resumes can be submitted by mail to:
County Attorney’s Office
P.O. Box 1200
Anahuac, Texas 77514
Applications and resumes can also be emailed to: [email protected]
CHAMBERS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, SEX, RELIGION, DISABILITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR ANY OTHER REASON PROTECTED BY LAW.