Job Title: Assistant Criminal District Attorney
Employer: Navarro County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Corsicana, Texas
Effective January 1, 2021 the Navarro County Criminal District Attorney has an opening for an Assistant Criminal District Attorney (ADA). The ADA will handle all phases of prosecuting criminal cases from screening new cases to appeal.
- Reviews new cases submitted by law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares cases for filing with misdemeanor court or presentation to grand jury.
- Consults with law enforcement agencies regarding legal issues.
- Negotiates plea arrangements with counsel for defendants.
- Prepares, files and represents the State in pretrial motions and hearings.
- Consults with victims regarding legal process and preparation for trial when necessary.
- Prepares cases and witnesses for trial.
- Represents the State in bench and jury trials.
- Prepares and files appellate briefs and appears in appellate courts when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited law school, currently licensed to practice law in Texas and in good standing with the Texas State Bar.
- Capable of exercising sound legal analysis and judgment.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with victims, law enforcement personnel, court personnel, co-workers and defense attorneys.
- Prior experience in Texas criminal law strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between $58,000 and $68,000 depending on experience.
- Health insurance paid by employer.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Paid sick leave, PTO and vacation.
- State and local bar dues paid by employer.
- CLE, training and travel paid by employer.
- Retirement plan with employer matching and 457 plan.
Send resumé, cover letter and references to Will Thompson at [email protected]