Employer: Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Galveston, TX
The Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a felony level Assistant Criminal District Attorney effective January 20th, 2021.
Major duties include:
- Intakes felony cases; responds to crime scenes; determines if evidence warrants criminal charges; confers with police departments to review search warrants and affidavits; reviews offense reports and witness statements; prepares charge instruments.
- Prepares felony criminal cases for trial; interviews witnesses and victims; reviews evidence; visits crime scenes; prepares jury trials; reviews pertinent case law; creates visual aids; interviews police officers.
- Represents the State in felony criminal trials; selects juries, makes opening statements, questions witnesses, introduces evidence, argues before a judge and jury, and delivers closing arguments.
- Reviews felony criminal cases for appropriate disposition; presents cases to Grand Jury; prepares indictments; recommends bonds.
- Participates in community outreach activities and represents the office to civic organizations.
- Coordinates with community supervision officers with regards to the appropriate terms and conditions of probation, progress of probationers, and issues in regards to revocation, modification, or adjudication of probation.
- Participates in training activities.
- Able to report regularly for work and be on time.
- Performs related duties.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with three years experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ethical principles of law.
- Current membership in the State Bar of Texas.
Salary starts at $75,337.
Submit resumes and references via email or mail to:
First Assistant Criminal District Attorney
600 59th Street, Suite 1001
Galveston, Texas 77551