Employer: Gregg County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Longview, TX
The Gregg County Criminal District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a felony level Assistant Criminal District Attorney, effective March 15, 2021.
We seek an energetic, qualified attorney who desires to be part of a team-atmosphere office, united in the mission to seek justice!
- Working closely with law enforcement, to include reviewing warrants, answering on-call questions that might arise, visiting crime scenes, and including the officers in the trial preparation of their cases.
- Preparing felony criminal cases for trial, including the review of charging instruments; the evaluation of the cases’ facts and evidence; interviewing law enforcement, witnesses, and victims; reviewing applicable case law; and preparing trial exhibits and demonstrative evidence to aid in a jury’s understanding of the case’s evidence.
- The desire to competently represent the State of Texas in felony criminal trials, as well as the ability to successfully select a jury, make an opening statement, question witnesses, introduce evidence, argue before the Court and a jury, and deliver a strong closing argument.
- The ability to manage a large caseload, and evaluate those cases to determine the appropriate disposition, always with the objective that justice is being sought for victims of crime, law enforcement, and the community.
- The desire to interact successfully, and to forge strong working relationships, with the other agencies with whom we work, both within the courthouse and throughout the community.
- The desire and ability to support the work of fellow assistant district attorneys and office personnel, to accomplish the goals of the District Attorney.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law, and currently licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
- Three years of experience is preferred, but all candidates with sufficient experience to accomplish the listed duties of the position will be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the Texas Penal Code, and the ethical principles of practicing law.
The starting salary is $75,190.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your resume by email to the following:
Mrs. April Allison Sikes
First Assistant Criminal D.A.