Fannin County District Attorney’s Office
Description of Work
Serves as Assistant District Attorney handling misdemeanor cases (including Class C offenses), bond forfeitures, asset forfeitures, juvenile, property hearings, civil filings, mental health and family violence and protective order cases.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is set by level of experience and qualifications. Benefits include MCLE costs, bar dues, generous retirement, health insurance and the assistance of a competent and helpful support staff.
Must be graduate of an accredited law school, licensed to practice law in the State of Texas, and be in good standing with the State Bar. Applicants must have good communication skills in legal writing, legal research, and negotiation and computer literacy. Applicants must have a working knowledge of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Texas Penal Code, and other relevant code sections as required in criminal prosecution. Must have dependable transportation with insurance as an additional covered party for required trips to various offices and court locations throughout Fannin County without reimbursement or other consideration; Individual must be highly organized, positive, and motivated are encouraged to apply
1-3 years trial experience and bilingual (Spanish) is preferred, but not required;
Examples of Duties
- Review and process the case packet for each criminal case filed by law enforcement agencies and initiate prosecution where appropriate;
- Review and process case information in bond forfeiture, asset forfeiture, juvenile, mental health and protective order cases;
- Attend docket calls and conduct plea bargain negotiations;
- Review assigned cases, supervise preparation of paperwork, check all pleadings for accuracy, make timely issue of applications for subpoenas and prepare and file motions promptly and accurately;
- Attend and direct consultations with court personnel, victims, witnesses, defendants, defense attorneys and other criminal justice personnel;
- Is responsible for all cases in his/her charge including the security of the file; upon the disposition of each case, properly complete the case file to show such disposition;
- Prepare cases for jury or bench trials, including pretrial motions, orders, interviewing witnesses, preparing trial notebooks and jury charges;
- Sit 2nd Chair during felony trials to observe, learn, and summarize results of trial for press release.
Please fax or email your resume to DA Richard Glaser.
Fannin County is located approximately 45 minutes – 1hour northeast of the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. The Fannin County Criminal District Attorney’s Office is located at 800 E. 2nd Street, Bonham, Texas 75418, Phone 903-583-7448, Fax: 903-583-7682, Email: [email protected].