Smith County District Attorney’s Office
Assistant District Attorney Position Opening
The Smith County District Attorney’s Office is seeking an attorney for a misdemeanor prosecutor position. Our office fosters a collaborative environment where attorneys can gain valuable trial experience through a team effort. We work closely with law enforcement to ensure justice is done in each case while helping to improve our community. This is an excellent position for those who want to gain trial experience or desire to begin a career in prosecution.
Smith County is a community of approximately 200,000 people, with over 100,000 living in Tyler. We are an hour and a half from Dallas and two hours from Shreveport. The salary scale begins at $53,000. Benefits include county retirement plan, healthcare, bar dues, and CLE. There are no appellate duties associated with this job.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution from complaint through sentencing.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas in good standing or awaiting bar results.
- Desire to try jury trials.
- Organized with the ability to manage a large trial docket.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to ethical prosecution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interested applicants should complete the attached application with a cover letter and submit it to the address below.
Submit Applications to:
Smith County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
100 N Broadway
Tyler, TX 75702