Employer: Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Galveston, TX
The Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a civil prosecutor, primarily handling Public Information Act litigation, effective July 1, 2019
Major duties include:
- Assisting assigned County offices and elected officials with responses to requests under the Texas Public Information Act
- Preparing civil pleadings and discovery in state trial and appellate courts associated with litigation under the Texas Public Information Act
- Preparing pleadings and appearing for hearings in asset forfeiture matters
- Preparing pleadings and appearing for hearings in bond forfeiture matters
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- One to two years of civil litigation experience preferred.
- Current membership in the State Bar of Texas.
Starting salary range is $67,926 – $74,977, depending on experience. Submit resumes and references via email or mail to:
First Assistant Galveston County Criminal District Attorney
600 59th Street, Suite 1001
Galveston, Texas 77551