The Navarro County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for a felony prosecutor. The position requires a thorough knowledge of criminal prosecution and court procedures. Potential candidates will be responsible for handling felony cases from intake through trial. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to expand their felony trial experience with a variety of criminal cases in a team oriented, positive work place.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their resume and a list of references via email to MJ Cranston at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
$66,000 – $68,000
Navarro County employee benefits available
The Navarro County District Attorney’s Office is located in Corsicana, Texas, just south of Dallas off of I-45.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review cases at intake to determine the appropriate charges to file, prepare charging
- instruments, and present cases to the grand jury
- Develop the State’s cases by synthesizing evidence in offense reports, witness statements, and video footage; contacting witnesses and victims; and consulting with law enforcement
- Conference with victims and witnesses to keep them informed of legal proceedings
- Negotiate with defense attorneys on plea deals, dismissals, and bail amounts in pending criminal cases
- Represent the State in contested hearings, bench trials, and jury trials
- Must have a J.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited law school
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Texas
- Some criminal law experience preferred
- Juvenile law experience is a plus