JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY-MISDEMEANOR
DEPARTMENT: RANDALL COUNTY CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISOR: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL TIME / EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the prosecution of all misdemeanor criminal cases presented to the District Attorney’s Office. Duties include reviewing cases presented for criminal charges by all law enforcement agencies and adult probation officers. Ability to assess a criminal case and negotiate plea bargains with defendants and their attorneys. Represent the State of Texas in County Courts at Law and Justice of the Peace courts for trials, hearings, and all docket calls. Responsible for reviewing reports of probation violations and filing all necessary motions.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Licensed to practice Law in the State of Texas or sitting for the July 2022 bar exam. The position is also open for third year students studying for the bar exam.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and format
- Knowledge of courtroom procedure
- Ability to perform in the courtroom
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prosecution of misdemeanor criminal cases from intake to final disposition
- Provide required information to individuals and agencies involved in each case.
- Coordinate with Adult Probation, Courts, defense attorneys, witnesses, law enforcement agencies, and all other agencies involved in each case.
- Maintain accurate calendar of court dockets
- Work in a high stress environment and perform several tasks at once.
- Work regular business hours (8-5) and any other hours before and after regular business hours as job requires.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
High interaction with staff members, the public, media, District and County Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies, defendants, and Probation.
Starting salary $70,440 with opportunity for county longevity supplements on October 1st after 2 years of service, prosecutor longevity supplements after 4 years of service as an assistant prosecutor and additional salary supplements.
The Randall County Criminal District Attorney’s Office does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in employment or the provision of services.
The application will be posted at randallcounty.com