Employer: Matagorda County District Attorney’s Office
Location: Bay City, TX
The Matagorda County District Attorney’s Office will have an opening for an entry level prosecutor effective November, 2021.
Major duties in both the misdemeanor and juvenile courts include:
- Tries cases before jury or Judge.
- Performs a variety of complex, independent duties in conjunction with court trials, including performing discovery, evaluating legal theories and principles, performing research, etc.
- Offers pleas to defendants on criminal and juvenile matters.
- Screens cases; reads offense reports to determine if a crime has been committed and prepares narrative for the charging information.
- Coordinates with the Adult and Juvenile Probation Departments in reviewing and filing Motions to Revoke Community Supervision cases.
- Represents the county during bond forfeiture hearings.
- Enters pleas before the Judge.
- Participates and assists in pre-trial preparations.
- Performs other complex legal functions in a specific, assigned legal area to include misdemeanors, juvenile matters, and JP cases and appeals.
- Performs related duties.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Current membership in the State Bar of Texas
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Starting salary is $54,000
Submit resumes and references via email or mail to:
First Assistant District Attorney
1700 7th Street, Suite 325, Bay City, Texas 77414