JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY-MISDEMEANOR
DEPARTMENT: CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISOR: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL TIME / EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: Assistant District Attorney’s are responsible for the prosecution of all misdemeanor criminal cases presented to the District Attorney’s Office. Duties include reviewing cases presented for criminal charges by all law enforcement agencies and adult or juvenile probation officers. Ability to assess a criminal case and negotiate plea bargains with defendants and their attorneys. Represent the State of Texas in County Courts at Law and Justice of the Peace courts for trials, hearings, and all docket calls. Responsible for reviewing reports of probation violations and filing all necessary motions.
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- Licensed to practice Law in the State of Texas
- Knowledge of legal terminology and format
- Knowledge of courtroom procedure
- Ability to perform in the courtroom
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prosecution of misdemeanor criminal cases from intake to final disposition
- Provide required information to individuals and agencies involved in each case.
- Coordinate with Adult and Juvenile Probation, Courts, defense attorneys, witnesses, law enforcement agencies, and all other agencies involved in each case.
- Maintain accurate calendar of court dockets
- Work in a high stress environment and perform several tasks at once.
- Work regular business hours (8-5) and any other hours before and after regular business hours as job requires.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
High interaction with staff members, the public, media, District and County Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies, defendants, and Probation
Starting salary $70,440 with opportunity for county longevity supplements on October 1st after 2 years of service, prosecutor longevity supplements after 4 years of service as an assistant prosecutor and additional salary supplements
The Randall County District Attorney’s Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicapped status in employment or the provision of services.
The application will be posted at randallcounty.com.