MONTGOMERY COUNTY JOB POSTING NOTICE
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. MONTGOMERY COUNTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THIS POSTING WITHOUT NOTICE.
Department: County Attorney’s Office, CPS Division
Location: 501 N. Thompson, Ste. 300, Conroe, TX 77301
Job Grade: 15
Annual Salary: From $68,500 to $74,500, depending on experience
Civil Service: No
Shift Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Submit Applications: Montgomery County Human Resources Department, 501 N. Thompson, Ste. 400, Conroe, TX 77301
Email: [email protected]
The Montgomery County Attorney’s Office has three divisions (Civil, CPS, and Juvenile Prosecution) and employs a staff of approximately 30, including lawyers, legal support staff, a victim assistance coordinator, investigators, and an administrative manager. Our office serves as the chief legal advisor for the county government, which includes over 2,200 employees. For additional information about the Montgomery County Attorney’s office, please visit our website at www.mctxcao.org.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
• Applicants must be licensed to practice law in Texas and be a member in good standing of the State Bar.
• Must have strong communication skills, writing ability, research, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations
• Must be willing to handle any administrative duties required to effectively represent your client.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
• Litigation experience is preferred, and specific CPS experience is preferable.
Primary Job Duties
• Provide legal representation for the Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS) from intake through trial or other disposition, as well as advising CPS staff regarding open investigations and cases. This includes appearing at multiple hearings every week, drafting pleadings, drafting and responding to discovery, determining the legal sufficiency of cases, and responding to emails and phone calls.
• Interact with CPS staff, court staff, attorneys representing parents and children, CASA advocates, law enforcement officers, medical professionals, professional counselors, and other service providers
• Attend mediation (currently held via Zoom)
• Conduct witness interviews, draft a variety of legal documents and correspondence, and negotiate suitable case resolutions with other attorneys and parties
After receiving a conditional offer of employment, applicant must pass a drug screen (1/2 cost = $20.00, responsibility of applicant) and may need a physical agility test (1/2 cost = $22.50, responsibility of applicant) before becoming an employee of Montgomery County. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Date Posted: 9/15/2020