Job Posting: District Attorney Investigator
Start Date: October 1, 2023
Close Date: Applications accepted until position filled
Salary: $65,000 plus depending on experience (plus a travel stipend); benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys with hearing and trial preparation by locating witnesses, drafting and serving subpoenas, reviewing criminal histories and locating judgments.
- Serve as a liaison between the district law enforcement agencies and the district attorney’s office by assisting with investigations, answering questions, and
- Testify as needed at trials or hearings
- Ability to draft documents with proper grammar, spelling, and attention to detail
- Assist in investigations, witness and suspect interviews as directed and requested by the district attorney
- Maintain a professional demeanor with court personnel and citizens
- Provide security to the office and prosecutors in the courtroom
- Significant knowledge of the counties served: Moore, Dallam, Sherman and Hartley counties as well as a willingness to travel as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, and Ability Required
- TCOLE certified
- Minimum of Advanced Peace Officer certificate required
- 7 years of law enforcement experience required with at least 5 years dedicated to investigations
- Strong understanding of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and the Texas Penal Code
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish
Coordination with the current investigator regarding after-hours calls and response will be required.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to [email protected]. Only qualified applicants will be interviewed.
This position is funded by Senate Bill 22 and could potentially be eliminated without further funding.