Position: Felony Prosecutor
Department: Ellis County and District Attorney’s Office – Felony
Location: Waxahachie, Ellis County, Texas
This position requires a thorough knowledge of all phases of criminal prosecution and law enforcement procedures; has daily contact with the public and is responsible for trying cases and handling all criminal law matters.
• Prepare for pre-trial hearings (motions for discovery, motions to suppress evidence, motions to revoke probation, etc.) weekly.
• Perform legal research and writing daily.
• Prepare for and conduct trials (bench or jury) weekly.
• Prepare and evaluate cases daily. Ensure adequate investigation of cases. Apply law to facts.
• Perform witness interviews; contact victims; contact law enforcement agency personnel.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of law.
• Obtain convictions and appropriate punishment according to current law.
• Screen incoming case reports from local agencies and present selected cases to the Grand Jury.
• Answer questions from law enforcement agencies.
Graduate of an accredited law school, currently licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and in good standing with the State Bar.
Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner and develop and maintain good working relationships with visitors, clients, co-workers, attorneys, judges, and county officials.
Must be able to pass a thorough background check.
Must be able to work independently while also being a team player.
2 years of felony trial experience preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references via email only to:
Ellis County & District Attorney’s Office
109 S. Jackson
Waxahachie, TX 75165
Phone: (972) 825-5035