Job Title: Assistant Criminal District Attorney
Employer: Navarro County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Corsicana, Texas
The Navarro County Criminal District Attorney has an opening for a felony level Assistant Criminal District Attorney (ADA). The ADA will handle all phases of prosecuting criminal cases from screening new cases to appeal.
- Reviews new cases submitted by law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares cases for filing with misdemeanor court or presentation to grand jury.
- Presents felony cases to grand jury.
- Consults with law enforcement agencies regarding legal issues.
- Negotiates plea arrangements with counsel for defendants.
- Prepares, files and represents the State in pretrial motions and hearings.
- Consults with victims regarding legal process and preparation for trial when necessary.
- Prepares cases and witnesses for trial.
- Represents the State in bench and jury trials.
- Prepares and files appellate briefs and appears in appellate courts when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited law school, currently licensed to practice law in Texas and in good standing with the Texas State Bar.
- Capable of exercising sound legal analysis and judgment.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with victims, law enforcement personnel, court personnel, co-workers and defense attorneys.
- Minimum 4 years prior criminal prosecution including felony jury trial experience required.
- Experience prosecuting child abuse and/or sexual assault cases considered a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
- Health insurance paid by employer.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Paid sick leave, PTO and vacation.
- State and local bar dues paid by employer.
- CLE, training and travel paid by employer.
- Retirement plan with employer matching and 457 plan.
Send resume’, cover letter and references to Navarro County District Attorney Will Thompson at [email protected] .