Description of Work
General Definition: Employee is responsible for collecting relevant facts related to cases filed and to provide investigative services for prosecutors in the Fannin County Criminal District Attorney’s Office including interviewing witnesses/victims, taking statements, maintaining evidence locker, assisting with scheduling witnesses for trial and prepares and serves subpoenas.
Supervision received: Texas Government Code Section 41.109—the Investigator reports directly to the Criminal District Attorney and has the same authority as the Sheriff of the county.
Examples of Duties
- Works closely with the elected Criminal District Attorney and ADAs assisting in review of cases set for trial;
- Marshalling witnesses;
- Generate and serve subpoenas issued by the Criminal District Attorney’s Office and file returns;
- Maintain a close working relationship with law enforcement;
- Photograph victims of domestic violence follow-up cases;
- Locate witnesses/victims that have moved;
- Provide security for victims/witnesses at criminal proceedings;
- Request judgment and sentences on prior convictions;
- Check background of witnesses that may be used during trial;
- Assist prosecutors during jury selection;
- Give testimony at Grand Jury;
- Compiles records of criminal history for inclusion with felony cases;
- Work closely with Victims Assistance Coordinator in lodging of witnesses;
- Attend meetings with victims and witnesses;
- Request PEN packets—prison records; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Criminal District Attorney.
- Prior law enforcement experience;
- Certified Peace Officer – TCOLE;
- Proficient in use of a firearm;
- TCOLE #3855; and
- Basic finger prints – identification and comparison preferred.
Fannin County is located approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour northeast of the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. The Fannin County Criminal District Attorney’s Office is located at 800 East Second Street, Bonham, Texas 75418. Phone 903-583-7448; Fax 903-583-7682.
Please fax or email your resume and a cover letter to Criminal District Attorney Richard E. Glaser. Email to [email protected].