HAYS COUNTY Job Posting
Job Title: Investigator
Department Head: Hays County District Attorney
Salary Range Minimum: $52,947.56 Annual
Job Number: 607-0805-120121
Date Open December 1, 2021
Application Deadline Until Filled
HAYS COUNTY JOB POSTING
In order to be considered for employment with Hays County submit the following documents:
• Hays County Employment Application
• Cover Letter
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Hays County website – www.hayscountytx.com
• Pre-printed forms at the Hays County Human Resources department
• Request PDF forms from [email protected] via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-393-2227
Education and/or Experience
• Five years law enforcement or related experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to operate a county vehicle • High School Diploma or GED
• Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) – Advanced Certificate Preferred
• Texas Peace Officer’s License
• TLETS/NLETS certification or ability to obtain certification upon employment
• Attends and participates in law enforcement and continuing legal education annually including maintaining current certifications and licenses.
• Conducts all aspects of criminal investigations, including but not limited to interviewing suspects and witnesses; collecting, handling, preserving and processing chain of custody evidence; investigating crime scenes, and taking crime scene photos and preparing diagrams.
• Obtains criminal history, criminal conviction, driving, vehicle registration, and various other records.
• Locates witnesses and serves subpoenas and citations.
• Briefs attorneys on status of investigations.
• Works closely with and takes direction from prosecutors.
• Performs queries using TLETS/NLETS and other research database systems
• Reads and determines whether to sign and issue criminal complaints.
• Investigates, files complaints/affidavits, and makes arrests pursuant to reported criminal offenses.
• Locates and apprehends criminal suspects and fugitives.
• Provides security for state’s witnesses, victims, and prosecutors during court proceedings.
• Testifies at trials or hearings.
• Interacts with citizens, attorneys, law enforcement agencies, business professionals, and community leaders on a regular basis.
• Attends and participates in law enforcement and legal continuing education annually including maintain current certification and licenses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of law enforcement/ investigative duties for the Criminal District Attorney’s Office.
Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.