The Limestone District-County Attorney’s office in Groesbeck, Texas is accepting applications for a District-County Attorney Investigator with a start date of March 1, 2019. The duties of this office include the prosecution of all adult and juvenile offenses in the jurisdiction and providing civil representation to the Department of Family and Protective Services.
The Investigator in this office provides support to all areas of the operation of the office. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists prosecutors during misdemeanor and felony criminal case investigations, intake and trial:
- Conducts criminal history inquiries on defendants, complainants, witnesses and requests certified records to aid in the prosecution of criminal cases;
- Assists prosecutors during jury selection process and provides criminal history inquiries on jury panels;
- Prepares and documents the proper disclosure of all discoverable material in criminal cases processed by the Office;
- Provides security for the office and its personnel as well as security for prosecutors, staff, complainants and witnesses while in trial;
- Locates witnesses, complainants and defendants in order to conduct interviews or serve with grand jury or witness subpoenas;
- Prepares Grand Jury subpoenas, serves subpoenas and tracks the status and retains records received;
- Serves subpoenas for medical, financial, education and employment records and acquires any other documentation needed during case investigation, intake or trial;
- Maintains civil forfeiture records, serving citations and tracking the property seized and completes required reports;
- May be required to testify in Court pertaining to his/her investigative activities and findings;
- Maintains liaison with law enforcement agencies, Judges, attorneys and all Courthouse offices;
- Performs related duties as required;
- Must have a minimum of five years experience with two years investigative experience.
- Must have strong people skills and a history of being able to work with co-workers and law enforcement in a collaborative environment.
- Must adhere to the legal and ethical requirements imposed upon attorneys. As an agent of those attorneys, the investigator must keep current on those requirements.
- Should be proficient with common, contemporary technology and computer software.
In addition, candidates for this position must have valid TCOLE license and a valid driver’s license.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Limestone County benefits.
How to apply
Applicants must send a resume and references to District-County Attorney Roy DeFriend, by email to [email protected].