$31,000.00 plus benefits
38th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
524 East Nopal Street
Uvalde, Texas 78801
The Office of the District Attorney, 38TH Judicial District, has an opening for a legal assistant to perform legal, administrative, and office support on multiple levels for the District Attorney’s Office. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, project-based work, assisting prosecutors, investigators and office manager, processing case files, understanding the legal process, and attending court in proper court attire. We are looking for a highly self-motivated hardworking legal assistant with a friendly disposition. Salary is up to $31,000.00, plus benefits provided through Uvalde County. Must be willing to submit to a criminal history check and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Legal duties such as processing case files from law enforcement agencies, understanding of the court process, both criminal and civil.
- Assist the office manager in the processing of all correspondence, telephone and email messages and the circulation of that correspondence to the appropriate prosecutor or investigator.
- Preparing and assembling cases for monthly criminal pretrial dockets.
- Attend court, assist prosecutors and investigators in court, prepare plea paperwork and judgments.
- Prepare court documents necessary on criminal cases, such as motions to revoke, motions to adjudicate, bench warrants, preparation of indictments, dockets, and bond forfeitures.
- Electronic filing of all criminal motions and trial paperwork to be submitted to the clerk, opposing counsel and court.
- Prepare all files for indicted felony and border crime cases.
- Daily scanning and filing of all paperwork.
- Prepare civil petitions and calendar all court requirements and deadlines for that litigation.
- General clerical and administrative duties such as answering the telephones and assisting the public and court personnel with inquiries.
High school diploma/GED and Spanish speaking preferred. Must be able to type a minimum of 35 WPM, computer literate, proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook, have a pleasant and professional phone etiquette, able to manage multiple tasks at once and be able to project and carry oneself in a professional manner through in-person and telephone contact. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and closely with others in a small, structured environment. Must be able to complete projects and tasks in a timely and accurate manner with minimum supervision. Must reside in Uvalde or Real County, Texas. Travel within the 38th Judicial District is required at times. Applicant must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and have no moving traffic violations for the preceding three years. Applicant must be able to pass a criminal history check, have no friendly or familial gang affiliations and be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Send resume to:
Dominque Garza, Office Manager
Email: [email protected]