Employer: Hunt County Attorney’s Office
Location: Greenville, Texas (less than 45 miles from Dallas, Frisco, Rockwall and McKinney)
The Hunt County Attorney’s Office currently has an opening for an entry level Misdemeanor prosecutor.
Major duties include:
- Try criminal cases before jury or Judge – including, but not limited to, handling any discovery matters, evaluating legal theories and principles, performing research, appearing for pre-trial hearings, interviewing witnesses, prepare filings, preparing for and conducting Voir Dire and drafting any appeals associated with the case, if applicable.
- Handle the daily court docket, offer and enter pleas to defendants and/or defense attorneys on criminal matters.
- Speak with defendants who are currently incarcerated and are brought to Court on a Writ and extend a plea offer.
- Perform other complex legal functions in a specific, assigned legal area, which may include family violence, bond forfeitures on Misdemeanor criminal cases, all Juvenile criminal cases, mental health commitments, Protective Orders and Class C Appeals.
- Handle Justice of the Peace Pre-trial and Trial dockets.
- Performs related duties.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas – OR – have taken the July 2019 Texas State Bar exam.
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment; must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must consent to and pass criminal background check.
- SECURITY REQUIREMENT – Must be able to obtain and maintain a Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) CJIS security clearance. For more information on CJIS requirements, visit the Texas DPS CJIS system Access policy and chart within the documents section: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/SecurityReview/documents.htm
Salary ranges from $67,000 to $71,000. Hunt County also provides employee benefits, including health, dental, life and optional vision insurance, along with participation in the Texas District and County Retirement program. Membership dues to TDCAA, the State and local bar are paid by the office, as well as costs associated with CLE.
Interested applicants should fax or email resumes to:
Hunt County Attorney’s Office
P. O. Box 1097
Greenville, Texas 75403-1097
(903) 408-4297 – Fax