Position opening in the Matagorda County District Attorney’s Office effective immediately.
Major duties in both the misdemeanor and juvenile courts include:
- Tries cases before jury or Judge.
- Performs a variety of complex, independent duties in conjunction with court trials, including performing discovery, evaluating legal theories and principles, performing research, etc.
- Offers pleas to defendants on criminal and juvenile matters.
- Screens cases; reads offense reports to determine if a crime has been committed and prepares narrative for the charging documents.
- Coordinates with the Adult Probation Department in reviewing and filing Motions to Revoke Community Supervision cases.
- Enters pleas before the Judge.
- Participates and assists in pre-trial preparations.
- Performs related duties.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law
- Current membership in the State Bar of Texas
Submit resumes and references via email or mail to:
First Assistant District Attorney
1700 7th Street, Suite 325, Bay City, Texas 77414