ROCKWALL COUNTY CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
MISDEMEANOR PROSECUTOR – POST-BAR INTERNSHIP
Handle all aspects of prosecution including case intake, plea negotiations, investigation, preparation, and (in certain circumstances) trial of misdemeanor and Justice of the Peace cases.
While most internships are unpaid, that decision may change depending on the staffing needs of the office and the experience level of the intern.
A post-bar intern assists the prosecutors and investigators with any needed legal research and briefing, case intake, discovery review, investigation of cases, preparation of cases for trial, and support where needed during trial. Our office also will sponsor an eligible intern’s application for a Supervised Practice Card, i.e., 3L Bar Card.
The post-bar internship program is one of our most important sources of assessing whether someone will be offered a job with our office. We obtain feedback from the prosecutors and investigators who work with the post-bar interns. Depending on the staffing needs of the office and if the intern has demonstrated he/she is well-suited for our office, the intern may be considered for an open position as an Assistant District Attorney. There is no guarantee, however, that the activity will result in employment with Rockwall County.
The Rockwall County District Attorney’s Office offers an opportunity to:
1. Gain first-hand experience talking to victims and witnesses;
2. Perform pre-trial tasks including reviewing discovery, filing motions, and subpoenaing records;
3. Aid prosecutors and investigators with conducting legal research and briefing, reviewing video and jail phone calls, and assisting with witness interviews; and
4. Gain real courtroom experience by observing and participating in hearings and trials.
- Undergraduate degree
- Juris Doctorate
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must successfully complete a background investigation
Please apply through the Rockwall County website at www.rockwallcountytexas.com.
Closing: Open until filled