Smith County District Attorney’s Office
The Smith County District Attorney’s Office is seeking an attorney for a misdemeanor position. Responsibilities will include all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution from complaint through sentencing.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas in good standing or awaiting bar results.
- Desire to try jury trials.
- Organized with the ability to manage a large trial docket.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to ethical prosecution.
- Excellent communication skills.
Smith County is a conservative community that values law enforcement and expects the equal application of the rule of law to everyone. Applicants who desire to gain trial experience, aggressively represent the victims and law enforcement, and maintain the highest ethical standards should apply. The salary is $53,000.00 per year. Benefits include county retirement plan, healthcare, bar dues, and CLE. There are no appellate duties associated with this job.
Interested applicants should complete the attached application (below) with a cover letter and submit it to the address below.
Submit Applications to:
Criminal District Attorney
100 N. Broadway
Tyler, TX 75702