Salary: $33,000 plus benefits
35th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
200 S Broadway St.
Brownwood, Texas 76801
The 35th Judicial District Attorney’s Office is hiring one full-time Victim Assistance Coordinator (VAC). The VAC will be responsible for notifying crime victims of settings and resolutions in their cases, assisting victims with requests for restitution and crime victims compensation, referring victims to resources such as counseling, and handling any other issues related to the wellbeing of crime victims in Brown and Mills County.
This is a grant-funded position. The responsibilities of the position include tracking services provided and preparing grant reports.
This position is located in the District Attorney’s Office in the Brown County courthouse in Brownwood, Texas. Salary starts at $33,000 and the position includes standard county benefits such as health insurance and pension.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to understand the criminal and civil justice system.
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relate to victims in a sympathetic manner.
- Ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.