For the past two years, the Government Law Section of the State Bar of Texas has presented the Outstanding Government Lawyer Award in recognition of an outstanding government lawyer who has provided exemplary service to the profession and the public. The award honors a practicing lawyer employed by the government or involved in a government-law-related business or employment who has made an outstanding contribution to government service. There have been two recipients of the award: Charles Zech in 2011 and Scott N. Houston in 2012.
Please take a moment to nominate someone that you know who deserves this award. It will be presented at the State Bar of Texas Suing and Defending Governmental Entities Course, Government Law Boot Camp, on July 17, 2013, at the Doubletree hotel in Austin.
The nominee should exemplify the ideals of dedication, professionalism, and ethics in service that have benefited the public or a governmental entity. The nominee should also have made outstanding contributions in providing legal services in the public interest. All nominees must be a member of the Government Law Section of the State Bar of Texas in good standing.
Nomination for 2013 Outstanding Government Lawyer Award
1. Name of nominee, plus his or her title, address, phone number, and email address.
2. Nominee’s government agency or government-law-related business or employment.
3. Number of years nominee has practiced law.
4. Attach a current resume of the nominee, if possible.
5. Describe in detail the contributions made by the nominee that exemplify the ideals of dedication, professionalism, and ethics in service that have benefited the public or a governmental entity. Describe in detail the contributions made by the nominee in providing legal services to the public. Please attach supporting information to assist the committee in its selection.
6. Names of person/organization submitting this nomination, plus his or her address, telephone number, and email address.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted by April 5 to Penny Wilkov by e-mail at Penny.Wilkov @soah.state.tx.us; by fax at 512/475-4996; or by mail to her attention at 300 West 15th Street, Austin, TX 78711-3025.