The Texas District and County Attorneys Foundation lost a true hero and friend with the death of former Bell County District Attorney Arthur “Cappy” Eads on November 1. The Foundation is stronger for Cappy’s outstanding leadership on the TDCAF Advisory Board, of which he’d been a member since its inception in 2006. He was so dedicated to and excited about the Foundation and its mission that he even asked that friends donate to TDCAF in his memory. He will be greatly missed.
Cheers to a wonderful 2011 and successful 2012
2011 was a very busy and exciting year for the Foundation. With your help and the generosity of our fellow Texans, we have accomplished the following in the last year:
• raised more than $205,000;
• elected a new TDCAF Board of Directors and added new members to our existing Advisory Committee;
• created an endowment (which has raised $150,000 in pledges as of
December 11, 2011) through generous donations from our Founding Fellows of the Texas Prosecutors Society, which will ensure long-term financial support for the Foundation and TDCAA;
• underwrote and mailed the Family Violence Resource Notebook to every prosecutor office in the State;
• assisted with underwriting the cost of handing out helpful books at two Prosecutor Trial Skills Courses; and
• defrayed expenses for the annual Train the Trainer seminar and the Advanced Trial and Appellate Advocacy Courses, thus freeing up grant funds for reimbursement to prosecutors and staff for travel and hotel expenses.
PowerPoint for the Courtroom CD
Here’s your chance to polish your courtroom presentation skills while supporting the Foundation! This CD walks through almost every element of PowerPoint, from creating new slides to importing and editing video clips. It’s a must-have for every office, and it’s on sale for only $20!
Please visit our website, www.tdcaf.org, for details.
And the winner is …
It was a close race this year between Investigators and Key Personnel Sections in the 2011 Annual Campaign Membership Challenge, but in the end, the investigators pulled ahead with the win! Congratulations to the winners on a job well done; the Foundation will sponsor a happy hour at the Investigator School in February as a thank-you for all your support.
A big thank you to the Coastal Bend Community Foundation for its donation of a $2,500 grant in support of the Domestic Violence Training Initiative. Thanks to TDCAF Board Member Tom Bridges for attending the awards ceremony in Corpus Christi in August and representing the Foundation.
Support your Foundation in 2012
As we look into the new year, there are many more opportunities for the Foundation to enrich the training and educational resources for TDCAA members through publications, seminars, and more. We ask that you please think about organizations and people in your community who might have an interest in partnering with us.
Visit our website at www .tdcaf.org and make your donation to the 2012 Annual Campaign in advance before we kick of this year’s campaign in April.