TRAINING CANCELLED- In light of the recent announcements concerning COVID-19 and in the interest of keeping everyone safe and healthy, TDCAA has cancelled this conference.
This course is intended for the investigator who is new to comparing latent prints. It teaches the beginning aspects of friction ridge comparison, physiology of friction ridged skin, pattern interpretation, effects of distortion, and proper techniques for recording inked prints. Attendees will have extensive time comparing inked prints in this class. The time will be broken up with lectures, exercises, and presentations.
A few notes about this course:
- Registration is completely FREE. However, TDCAA cannot supply lunch (though coffee service will be provided) and cannot reimburse for travel, meals, or hotel; these costs are your own.
- Registration is limited to 35 attendees.
- The Basic Fingerprinting Course is happening at the same time and at the same hotel as TDCAA’s Organized Crime Conference. However, the two conferences are separate, and attendees of one cannot attend the other because they overlap.
- While we do talk about latent prints, this course does not qualify the student as a latent print examiner, nor does completing this course earn students a certification. The only certification for latent or 10 prints is through the International Association for Identification. Attendees of this course earn a certificate.
- Students need to bring magnifiers and pointers.
This course will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. To make reservations at the $126 group rate, call (877) 270-1393. You must mention TDCAA in order to get the discounted rate. Rates are available until May 19 or until the block is sold out, whichever comes first. This hotel offers complimentary breakfast and self-parking.
Click the brochure below for more information.